Want to ease the burden on your pocket? TIP Debt Consolidation loan offers you that comfort. Come in and talk with us!
“Put all your debt in one place and make your payments easy and hassle free. “
Why a TIP Debt Consolidation Loan?
- Consolidate up to 1 million in debt
- Increase your net pay
- Up to 5 (five) years to repay
- Must be a consistent financial member for at least six (6) months
- For loan eligibility, a TIP for Life plan is a prerequisite
- Members must be employed in the field of education
- Must be between 18 and 55 years old
- Members will be required to submit a birth certificate or passport
- All loan repayments must be made by salary deduction
- Loans are granted at six (6) months intervals
- The maximum repayment period is 36 months
- Upon applying for the loan, the member must produce their last two (2) months pay slips and a valid photo identification (Passport, Driver’s Licence or National ID)
- A recent passport-sized photograph must be submitted
- Interest rate is calculated monthly on the reducing balance.
- Evidence of acceptance from a recognised tertiary institution and documents showing the fees paid or to be paid
- If study is full-time, evidence of leave with pay and information regarding salary for the study period is needed. If leave without pay, you are required to pay all premiums in advance for the period that you will not receive a salary.
- Verification letter from the Principal is required stating tenure, and this should be done on the school’s letterhead, signed by the Principal and the school’s stamp affixed.
- Withdrawals will only be guaranteed in excess of your account balance, if your total loan balances is 100% covered by your account balance.
- Credit checks will be done at a cost to the member
- Last two (2) months pay slips
- A recent passport-sized photograph
- Valid identification (Passport, National ID, Driver’s Licence)
- A completed Guarantor Form (provided by TIP) signed and stamped by a Justice of the Peace.
- The Guarantor must not have a TIP Education Loan, a TIP Debt Consolidation Loan or a TIP Vacation Loan and/or signed for any other member who currently has any of these loans with the Society.