Get the Process Started
Article 8, Section 1
The membership of the Society shall be open to all employed persons in the field of education and Student Teachers in registered Teacher Training Institutions in Jamaica, provided that members who have retired from full time employment may continue to hold their membership, subject to the Board of Directors’ approval. All persons admitted as members shall be of good character, good health and are in agreement with the aims and objects of the Society.
Members between the ages 18 and 35 will be designated youth members with all the benefits and obligations as under this Article.
- a) Minors and dependents in regular attendance at school up to age 23 may benefit from membership through their parents or guardians.
- b) The Society may invite as honorary members, persons who have contributed to the advancement of the Society. Honorary members are not required to pay dues and are privileged to sit at Committee of Management Meetings as ex officio members but shall not have voting rights.
- Completed Membership Application Form
- Teacher Number (Ministry-Paid)
- Completed Bursar Salary Deduction Authorisation Letter (Bursar-Paid)